{website}

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Australian country wedding by Louisa Bailey

Oh how I love it when I come across new - new to me that is - photographers and get to share their pretty work on the blog and with you all. Melbourne based Louisa Bailey's work is to die for... I urge you to head over and check out more here. These two are are both creative souls; Elizabeth is an amazing artist (check our her work here) and Blake a digital artist and DJ running his own record label, so naturally their wedding would involve a lot of fun creativity. Wanting to get married in the country they chose Boyd Baker House which is situated on plenty of acreage giving the feeling of being in the middle of nowhere that they wanted.

I fell in love with Elizabeth's dress and the fun print her bridesmaids wore! The gorgeous bride shares more of their day with us...

The proposal: "Blake took me on a surprise picnic to the Heide Museum of Modern Art in Melbourne. After lunch we played scrabble... half way through Blake ditched all the letters saying he had dud ones and pulled out a secret bag of letters and spelt out ‘will you marry me’ on the board. He then gave me his Grandmother’s beautiful engagement ring. 

About finding the dress: "I asked my good friend Noella Thomson to make my dress. We shared a studio at the time, so it was wonderful watching the dress evolve everyday when I came in to work. I found a picture in a magazine that I loved and we adapted it to work for me and I helped her sew. It was so wonderful to be so involved in the process of making my dress."


"We have a lot of musician friends so we had friends play music and DJ for us which was so generous and special. I made most of the decorations including the table settings and bunting. Blake got our wedding song pressed to vinyl and played it on his portable record player. It was pretty special to walk down the aisle to that! 

My beautiful friend and artist Kate James did the bouquets and pin holes. She did the most beautiful job! She incorporated flowers from her garden and dried poppy pods from my garden which made it extra special. My other creative friend and bridesmaid Sarah Hicks and I did the flowers for the tables. 

Photographer | Louisa Bailey, Videographer | Bride's Grandfather, Cake | Emma Hicks, Florist | Kate James, Stationery | Bride - Elizabeth Barnett, Venue | Boyd Baker House, Dress Designer | Noella Thomson, Shoes | Mollini Shoes, Jewellery | Bride's Mothers' earrings, Hair & Make-up | Lou McLaren, Bridesmaids Dresses | Obus, Grooms Attire | Oscar Hunt, Caterer | Ed Dixon food

4 comments:

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

Such darling DIY touches! And amazing how the bride was involved in making her own dress...turned out so pretty!

Anna (Lover.ly) said...

I love the mason jars and paper straws! So cute.

Layla Mayville said...

Beautiful flowers and bridesmaid dresses. The bride looks fabulous too. I also love the patchwork hearts <3

Unknown said...

Your Wedding day will undoubtedly be the most important and happiest day of your life and the wedding venue you choose can have a big impact upon the success of your nuptials.
chicago wedding location

Related Posts with Thumbnails